GINGER AND PINEAPPLE RUM MOJITO
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 Tablespoons ginger simple syrup (recipe below)
¼ cup fresh pineapple puree (recipe below)
2 shots of light rum
Half a cup of Soda Water
For garnish: (optional)
For the ginger simple syrup:
1 cup white sugar
2 cups of water
2 thumbs of fresh ginger peeled and cubed
1 teaspoon of ground ginger spice
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil – making sure you stir continuously to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce to a simmer for minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Before serving remove the chunks of fresh ginger.
For the pineapple puree:
- Pineapple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- Place the fresh pineapple in a blender and blend until smooth
- In a cocktail shaker place the rum, lemon juice, pineapple puree, ginger syrup, mint leaves and 3 ice cubes and shake well.
- Pour into a tumbler and top up with soda water.
- Add some fresh mint leaves and enjoy cold.