For most of us it’s summer time, in other words, BBQ season! Buckle up because things are gonna get messy with this deliciously indulgent Takamaka Rum BBQ sauce. Smother it over juicy ribs or chicken wings – it will leave you with sticky fingers and a saucy grin!
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- Tabasco or Fresh Chili (add a little or a lot depending on how much POW you want)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of Takamaka Spiced Dark Rum
- 3tbs Soy sauce
- 4tbs Tomato sauce
- 4tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan over a low heat, mix the brown sugar, chili/sauce, Takamaka Rum, soy sauce, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, dry mustard and pepper. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool, and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Marinate the ribs or wings in the sauce overnight – For best results let them come to room temperature before cooking.
3. Shake off excess marinade and conserve the remainder. Wrap the meat in foil and slow cook either in the oven or on a BBQ covered with a lid. When the meat is done either crisp it up in a frying pan or char it a little on the BBQ.
4. Place the remaining marinade in a saucepan and simmer gently until the sauce is thick.
Drizzle the sauce over the cooked meat and tuck in!