TAKAMAKA RUM RAISIN BREAD PUDDING
Looking for a classic baked dessert? This Takamaka Rum Raisin Bread Pudding recipe is proof that leftover bread and some Takamaka Rum can easily be converted into a delicious dessert without much work. You’ll see, the proof is in the pudding!
45g of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
180g packed brown sugar
60ml of Takamaka Spiced Dark Rum
1/2 cup of raisins
7 slices of brioche bread, cubed or torn
4 eggs, beaten
Almond shavings (optional)
- Preheat over to 180C
- In a large saucepan, add milk, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, brown sugar, Takamaka Spiced Dark Rum and raisins and heat until warm. Simmer and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Into a large bowl add the cubed bread and pour in the hot milk mixture.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes so the bread absorbs the milk.
- Add the beaten eggs to the bread and milk mixture and stir. Pour bread pudding into a buttered baking dish and bake for 50 minutes.
- Optional: Sprinkle some almond shavings on top before baking.
Grab a bowl, perhaps a scoop of ice cream on top and tuck in! Check out our Rum & Raisin recipe here.